Sunday, March 13, 2016


January 25, 2016
 
 
'm excited as heck for Jason's wedding and I'll be sure to make it back home! Even if I have to fly in and fly out. 

I'm real glad the boys are on the river. Technically they could get in trouble but it's extremely unlikely that they will have any problems.What they could get in toruble for is not having a license! You need to get them to take that hunters safety course ASAP! And as for the river It's just St. Johns River Water Management district land and its a conservation buffer. It's not like they're hunting in a state park. I wouldn't have any problem with it. But boys, first of all, what are you hunting for? If you're hunting deer you better not be doing it with a .22. Just don't shoot any bears or bobcats or otters, stick to squirrels and deer and turkeys. But you gotta eat it! One of the funnest times I had out there back when I was real young with Jesse and Hyrum and I think Jason is when we went out on a winter morning and caught some bass and shot some squirrels and ate them back at Julies. And as to the moral side...I did it when I was their age. Now, I wouldn't. But boys will be boys, just make sure they're not gonna do anything sick and they're not just blasting stuff. If they're actually hunting and not just killing i'd be fine with it. But when I get back from the mission I'm just gonna hunt deer and let the small stuff alone. 

And yes! Lots of oranges here and they cost 2 lempiras which is like a nickel. But enjoy the arizona oranges! 

How's the new installer? And I'll get you some house pictures one of these days,I forgot haha. 

And I played the mission perfectly. Started out really hard and its getting better and I'm peaking now and then my last change I'll be able to pick my area and I'll choose to train in some far out branch in the sticks to finish up. 

 What is Kate gonna do? I think Curtis needs to get a job too! I'm telling you, the lawn business is lucrative! But no vacation huh? We'll make up for it when I get back in August. And thats too bad about Sarah's job haha BYU does NOT pay well. But, its a campus job so I guess that's part of the deal. I'm still voting that she doesn't go on the mission but will obviously support her. What kind of car would you buy? Anyway, I have a ton of pictures to send. 

This week was great. The baptism pic you're gonna see is a man named Vidal. Awesome convert. Love him to death. We did everything right. We had one of his really good member friends baptize him. In our ward there are like 5 older, active men that fellowshipped him. He felt so loved and the ward loves him and he just wants to serve. He tried to get a calling in his other church cleaning the church or whatever and they turned him away because he is nearly blind. So we baptized him and he's already set up with a calling and he'll get the priesthood next week. He bore his testimony in his baptism service (which is extremely rare for hondurans, they're actually really shy people) and he even cried.




 And, we sent two recent converts to the temple this week and they loved it, and two more recent converts just hit their year mark and got endowed-two older, single men that just crack me up. We spend alot of time with them. They're retired and they work alot in the ward. 
 
 
Then, on our pday, we had en elders quorom activity and went to Miami Beach, which is a super isolated village on a tiny strip of land between a big lagoon and the carribean-And it was cold! It got down into the 60's so I imagine you all are freezing up there. All the Honduans were dying and wrapping themselves up in every stitch of clothing possible and Hodson and I are over here in Tshirts and shorts in the hammock just loving it. The ward payed for everything and we ate a nice big fried snapper a piece on the beach, drank coconuts in the hammocks, shot pellet guns, and then taught the latinos how to play ultimate frisbee and american football out on the beach and they loved it. Obviously hodson and I dominated but it was still a blast. One of the future elders we brought along was also a recent convert and this kid caught whatever I threw at him-made me look real good as a quarterback. Everyone loved it and the investigators we brought were mega fellowshipped and one of them actually decided to get baptized after seeing how the leaders of the church act even when they're out having fun. Excellent trip. Felt like I was in Florida. You have a ton of pictures coming!

the little one in the middle is our EQ president and by hodson is our best investigator Eric. 
 
 
 
 
Hodson and I by the where the lagoon flows into the ocean
 
 
 
Then there's me walking with Carlos Gutierrez. Funniest man ever. Mechanic and landlord. He messes with people to no end but he's actually really loving, he's probably one of my favorite people here. He's got a bunch of guns and his dream is to go ice fishing in alaska. 
 
 
On the dock. The short guy is named Orlin and he's a good example of them putting on every stitch of clothing they have. excuse my hat. 
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment