Sunday, March 13, 2016

February 13, 2016
 
First, answering the questions! Tobler´s name is Christian, we haven´t been together in the misison since the CCM but he´s cool and we get along. We would be good roommates. I just know its on the north side near the stadium. Kinda far but I would be driving.

Second, it has been cold!! I have been in hog heaven. Loving it!. It dipped down to 60 degrees one night and there were a few moments when it started to sprinkle and it was windy and I actually was cold.
Where did Kate go camping? I´m impressed. And yes, Sarah´s friend isn´t too bad! But who´s the spanish one on the right? And that´s the great thing about the west-limitless public land, just go! Although I´ve heard that some fools in Utah and other western states want to sell public land, and that would be the end of everything good about the west. Then everything gets put under lock and key and say goodbye to cheap grazing and open hunting and fishing and camping and hiking. As for shooting places that aren´t ranges...no idea except ocala. Ask Jason. You just gotta know somebody.

Send me strawberry pictures, that´s always fun!
And I don´t have a new companion yet but I don know who he is-he´s another from Costa Rica and I´m pumped.

And yes, I remember well Lorna Strang! And I feel bad for not visiting her more often, good for you all! Do it more often, and tell her I said hi.
And yeah, I talk to Orrin every week. He´s got a broken foot right now.

How are politics looking?
And that garage entrance looks good, holy cow! Profesional level. That might not be too bad of a business, stuff like that is just starting to catch on in the east and I imagine lots of people would want it?

And you guys bought her the car right? Good for you all. Also really glad to hear how well seminary is going. That´s actually one of the really strong things here in honduras and it makes such a big difference. I´m gonna look for those scriptures, I´ve never heard of that story.

Why don´t you have any wood?? Nor a garden??
And sterling! Gun questions-I would reccomend the wood stock just because it looks way better. And it will weigh a little more and the gun will be more accurate. If you can afford it the ruger 10/22 is an excellent gun and is a classic and one of the best 22´s that they make. Noah has or had one, you should ask him how he likes it.

Here´s my week. I had a really good week actually. I´d been kind of in a spiritual rut. You all know me, I´ve always struggled to be spiritual and to feel stuff so this week I had been fasting for an investigator and to get myself out of the rut and it worked-we had an excellent week. We did divisions a few times, inviting zone leaders to our area, and the week was full of just small, little miracles. This week I talked less, let the spirit talk more, and just testified more than anything and let the people pay attention to how they feel and then they naturally follow their feelings. Keep it simple, keep it loving, and get members involved and everything goes well. There´s just so much energy in the mission right now-everything is picking up and the work is spreading and all of the missionaries are having miracles in the people they teach and it´s exciting. Our new focus of the mission is working-focusing on personal revelation and going to the temple. The highlight of this week was finding Fernando and Fanny (its actually a really common name here, don´t laugh). We´d talked with Fanny when we were teaching her brother and long story short we got an appointment and I show up with my buddy Elder Solano from California. We had an excellent lesson, and we talked about things like God´s plan, the eternal nature of the family, how to recieve revelation, how to change our lives, things like that-all very relaxed, not rushed, with lots of testifying-and at the end we kneeled with the family and listen to the father, Fernando, pray. And we visited them yesterday with a couple friends that they have that are super active members and it´s just going along wonderfully. And then on thursday I was on divisions in Progreso with Elder Patterson (he´s the one who´s the son of the TCU coach) and in our last appointment we taught a guy named Carlos. We had to walk through the nastiest hood I´ve seen in Honduras (I hate progreso, so glad I´ll never have to serve there) passing by gangsters on every corner, but we made it to his house without getting robbed so no worries. We had a great lesson with Carlos, full of the spirit, about the law of chastity. He lives with his ¨house companion¨ who´s an older woman who gets drunk every day and just criticizes him all day long for having a drug problem. We taught about baptism and we were like ¨look, you guys have to get married or seperate if you want to get baptized¨ And Carlos just looked at us, though, and then just testified about the gospel and how he is going to make changes in his life and said, in short, ¨I need to follow Christ. What we are doing here isn´t correct. I want to do the right thing and be baptized, so, we will be splitting up¨. It was great and the spirit was felt by all. This stuff happens every week, just the difference is that this week, with a little divine help, I´ve been able to feel more and appreciate more the things that happen.
Also, the other day I was studying about Adam Ondi Ahman and the new jerusalem and all, and I was thinking-¨what would happen if I married a woman and then the prophet calls us to zion and she doesn´t want to go?¨ I need to look for a wife that´s gonna follow the prophet. I sure have my share of sins and imperfections but when the prophet or the Lord speaks, I go.

Anyway, times a tickin. Love you all! And I´ll be able to talk apartments on monday when Tobler gets me the hookup.
Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment