Sunday, March 13, 2016

February 20, 2016
 
I do! His name is Elder Solis and he's another from Costa Rica. Great kid, we have fun. 

And Hodson, good old riley. We saw his plane go off and everything, the airport is right next to our area. He was kind of all of the above. Pretty calm about it though. He's just gonna go bum around for a few months, and then move to idaho for the summer to date his girlfriend, and then start school in a community college in Vegas. 
Elder Hodson (Scott's AP companion) just coming home -  Dix released him at the airport (small world!)
 
On housing, I don't know. Just find me an apartment, I don't wanna miss out on housing waiting around on Tobler. Let me know when you have some good options and I'll look them up. 

And Sarah, ya gotta tell us how the church ranch kid turned out. My buddy Gillens has family that work on the ranch, maybe they know eachother. Also, tell Irish hi for me, Irish she was my girlfriend. But gosh dang it dark haired girls are looking attractive. Really at this point any girl is looking attractive. 

 And yes! Get that garden growing! We gotta make good use of our land and follow  the prophet and all that, I say you just keep on planting. Also, I don't know what we're doing wrong, because Honduras oranges are way better than florida oranges. I'm gonna bring back seeds with me. How are the chickens? As soon as I get my own house I'm getting chickens and a garden and running a cow if there's room. 

Sterlings getting the ruger? I still reccomend the wood, its just classier. They're pricey though arent they? Its a great gun. Have you found a place to shoot?

And Dad, you better believe I'm planning on the roadtrip! Nice and slow. Take our time. Visit Rhys. How cheap is gas? That sounds like a dream come true and I just hope gas prices are slightly highter in a couple years for my future oil and gas career! I do definitely plan on taking the truck out but if I happen to come across a good deal on an older toyota or an early 2000's silverado I'd probably take it. And if gas prices stay low I can buy whatever the heck I want, Ill go buy my dodge back! I think I'm pretty sold on the fords though, my little truck has been real good to me. 

Provo job-no idea. Any ideas? I'd plan to work the first year but I also plan to make a killing on the summer job and not have to work during the school year. But we'll cross that bridge when we get to it. 

 How's seminary going? I did like the story  from 2 kings last week. 

Anyway, here's a little update. Had a really good week in spite of Hodson leaving and all that. Now that Hodson is gone and I'm AP 1 and training Solis I'm forced to do everything for myself. I've always been that way, I can't learn until I have to figure it out for myself. But I've got it now. I'm just being a good AP and it feels good. I'm on top of things (who ever would have thought that organizational skills would have been one of my strongpoints) , good ideas, and things are just going well for me. I have definitely had some divine help though, the whole "weaknesses becoming strengths" thing from Ether 12 is so true. I love being AP though because it keeps life interesting. Still get to do lots of missionary/proselyting work but I get to break it up with lots of office/administrative type stuff. 

And Fernando and Fanny are doing great. We had another great lesson with Fanny and she got an answer to her prayers and she said that she just felt a "knowing", just a quiet sense of peace and comfort and she took it as her answer. She's great and just radiates light and just looks like a Mormon. 

Also, another one of our investigators named Magnor, big guy that's like the spanish version of Kent, was at his job guarding bananas (seriously, he's a security gaurd guarding banana fields and I really don't understand the theft risk) and one of his co-workers had a book of Mormon so they started talking about it and then another co-worker came over and started critizing the mormons so old Magnor just opens up to a chapter we had read with him and his family the other day and shares the story of captain Moroni just macheting the heck out of this guy telling him that we teach good things and that we teach of God and of families and how Captain Moroni is a good example of the kind of men we should be. I have no idea how he found the chapter and he was like "I didn't even know what I was looking for I just opened the book and the words came out of my mouth!" Just a little funny story but I hope it strengthened his faith a little bit. 

But yeah, life is good here. We have a fun house and you can not imagine the tomfoolery that goes around in that house with a bunch of mormon boys and no alcohol. We've got kids from Las Vegas, Bolivia, Florida, Florida (Thats right, another kid from Florida!!!), Costa Rica, and El Salvador. 

Anyways. We're gonna go play pingpong with our EQ's president and then go off to work. 

 How's sunburst doing? and North Carolina branch? 

Anyways, love you all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment