Sunday, March 13, 2016


February 27, 2016
And yup, you could say I am the big cheese now. AP 1, right hand man, all that good stuff. Just hoping my head doesn't get too big. I've learned that my job isn't really all that much work (except when I'm in my area like a regular missionary) but what it really is is being able to be trusted when it really matters. I may not do anything for a couple of weeks except make reports and go on divisions with zone leaders and then all of a sudden (this week, for example) we have three multizone conferences throughout the mission and I'll be training and speeching and organizing everything from catering to the handouts. And giving my real frank opinions to president Klein. I've learned so much by working closely with President Klein.
As far as our people go-we haven't been able to find Fanny! Their house is all closed up, and I'm bummed. But Flor and Brayan are progressing wonderfully and are made for the gospel. Their home has made a 180 turn and its things like that that keep me on the mission-seeing the real changes in families. Brayan told his mom (flor) that he loved her for the first time in his young adult life the other day. We havn't even taught anything about the family, but we just get them feeling the spirit and the spirit does the rest. We also found a new investigator that is excellent, his name is Jose, and we found him because he was already attending institute on his own...talk about solid. We've had 2 lessons and he went to institute again and to a movie night we threw in the chapel. He gets things and just wants to learn and learn and has accepted baptism. He's talked about how he's tried other churches and nothing else has filled him or given him answers. One of those honest truth seekers. And we had a ward movie night yesterday and watched The Other Side of Heaven and it made me baggy as heck but everybody loved it.

Also, this week Solis and I will be roadtripping! We'll be driving to ceiba for the first multi zone and we'll get to visit converts. He served in the area pegged up to las colinas so we'll drive around visiting everybody and I'm pumped!

 
And about Curtis. Partly its the age, I pretty much quit reading the scriptures from 16-18 apart from seminary and I'm turning out alright. He'll be just fine. Just look at all the kids in our ward that didn't do jack squat when they were young and now they're great missionaries. And In the mission I've known so many missionaries that couldn't tell matthew from malachai and they turn out being super solid. And its the kids that start out super strong that fizzle out later on, thats another thing I've seen on the mission. I think the important thing is that you don't push him too much. He'll grow to resent it and associate spiritual things with force and obligation and nobody wants that. Plus you all are just good solid parents and teach by example and have fun while doing it so I wouldn't worry about a thing.

Hi Kate! How's Aaron? You still haven't told me where you went camping! How fluent are you in spanish? We'll have to have a good chat with srta ohl. Howd you end up making friends in waterford lakes?
And tell sterling that I'm a big fan of his .22! Where are you going shooting?

And I'm glad sunburst is going well, at least in Orlando! Where are the sales coming from lately? Do we get the villages or is that Tampa?
Also, a little request. I no longer have a functioning camera. The cheap camera I bought in Roatan finally kicked the bucket. Think you could send me a basic point and shoot? I'd like to finish my mission with lots of pictures haha. 

And I love you all very much. Not a whole lot of time left! Also loved the pictures and everyone is looking so big and adult.

No comments:

Post a Comment