Wednesday, January 13, 2016


November 9th 2015
 
The house is going up...well shoot. That really puts a cramp on things. There goes our little field. Time to move? You all just gotta find a cool lds family to buy it. 

 Answering questions! Yes, theres always 4 missionaries in the office. Do not want to be there. There is a senior couple in the mission but they work in another city inbetween here and san pedro. And nope, haven´t got a package, maybe tomorrow. 

And what are the thanksgiving plans? Where, with who? Tell me about the football games, is sterling still playing? BYU plays Mizzou right? That should be a great game. I heard something about the racial problems at Mizzou, are they gonna end up playing? 

What did they talk about in the fireside? I think I´d find that fascinating too.

Also got a nice little letter from Kent and Jennifer, great to hear from them, I miss them. Miss everybody actually!

And you guys are the best. Sending packages to Saunders (and yes, the shirt is perfect)  and Navas and adopting a missionary. Way to go. 

And about my calling-we still do far more proselyting than administrative work.Aside from days that we have to travel and go to meetings, we work in our area normal and then do our administrative tasks at night time. And when we do divisions we almost always leave one of us in the area so it doesn´t get abandoned. 

What´s going on in politics? Any hope for a garden?  I still think you all just need to put in a good garden and make a nice border of citrus and peach trees around the perimiter. Any fishing reports?

And now for my update!

We had a great sunday this week. It was our ward conference and we were able to get 133 people to church, which was excellent. The best part is that the members got a fire lit under them and went out and did their visits. We have a solid bishop-on saturday we ran into him twice on accident; we walked into the house of an investigator family and he and his wife are there on the couch talking to the family-how cool is that? He´s visiting our investigators, much less all the less actives. First time I´ve had a leader in honduras that actually works. I also just love the church-the themes this week were perfect for our investigators. We gave the class on the eternal family and it was a great class with everybody participating and our investigators are getting ready to get married. Then in priesthhod we talked about the welfare programs of the church and work and self reliance and it was just solid all around. Two of my favorite topics, work and marriage, in the same sunday. 

And our zone keeps on having success. After our last leaders´ meeting our zone is officially the best. Not like its a competition but I do like to know that our methods are working. Not to mention we have a great area geographically and with good members. If everything goes well my companion and I will have 7 baptisms in November-we´ve been working with a big group and have finally gotten all the kinks and problems and papers worked out. I´m real sick of lawyers and government workers but we should be able to do 3 marriages this month. 

And to answer your question-I absolutely am protected. I have no fear. And I don´t mean to say that I´m a brave, he-man John Wayne type, but I just feel calm, always. Like when they broke into the house on Roatan. We were protected, no doubt. You couldn´t pay me to go outside without my covenants on, but I can certainly feel divine protection. So yes, don´t you worry one bit. I´m safer here as a missionary than I am doing dumb stuff back home. 

And yeah, supposedly there are areas that we shouldn´t go to but we´ve never had any problems. There are areas in san pedro that I wouldn´t mess around with but nothing really worries me here in Ceiba. 

So right now our main investigators are Byron and Vilma (getting married this month, they´re as golden as it gets-they´ve made huge changes and they really get it, and we´re a part of the family) and Arnulfo and Siliva (also getting married this month, already finished the BoM) Carlos and Iris (marriage...again), Kevin (16 year old that was gonna get baptized in San Pedro but then moved here-he makes visits with us, even though he´s not even a member yet) and Eduardo (15 year old in the same situation) and Anne (family with Byron and Vilma, real sweet girl) and a ton of part member families and less actives. I remember thinking in the begining of my mission that acheiveing 35 lessons a week was a huge deal-and I was proud of it. Now we´re working with a goal of 50 and this week was marginal because of meetings and stuff and we had ¨only¨ 38. Funny how your perspective changes. 

I´m tired though. I´ve got raccon eyes from being tired. I´m going strong but I will be ready to go home when its done. Thats my goal though, just go hard til the whistle blows. And I think that working hard makes up for alot of shortcomings on my part. 

I´m also getting excited for christmas! Apparently here in La Ceiba they go pretty big on christmas. People are already putting lights up. People that can´t pay the light bill all year suddenly have the house strung up in lights and multiple christmas trees...Can´t be responsible but I´m not complaining, I like it. There was one lady, the mother of Byron actually, that had her light get cut on her last week, so we bought her some candles to help out, and then last night we went to visit them and they had the whole house decked out in lights like temple square, made me laugh. 

No pictures this week, but in the group photo the other day? the other guy crouching with me is Navas. 

Anyways. Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment