Wednesday, January 13, 2016

January 9, 2016
 
Working with Hodson. Having a gringo comp is sweet. We live in a house with 6 missionaries and its so cushy. Hot showers, a car...It's like a stateside mission except there are armed guards outside the house 24/7. It's really gonna be a different side of the mission. I'm not out in the jungle anymore, now I spend three days out of the week in the office and doing trainings and working the rest of the time. As cushy as it is though, I still prefer the field I think. Bucket showers and mosquitos and pure lamanites and all...feels more like the mission. It's cool though-now I'm gonna live more comfortably and be more healthy and be able to be more obedient, so it will be a new experience. 

 

Hated to leave my old area though. I love Las Colinas. I have a ton of pictures to send you. Lots of rough goodbyes, love those people so much. I didn't baptize a ton there but I sure made a difference and changed quite a few people's lives. I miss Navas too haha he may not be the best missionary I know but he's one of the best people I know. 

Our area is cool though. I never wanted to come to san pedro or the surrounding areas but its actually a great city. The wards and stakes are strong, everyone lives close together and missionary work is easy, and its safe...i always thought it was dangerous because of all the cartels here but they keep the peace. People are out on the streets with children and walking babies in strollers, little cobblestone streets, palm trees, old cathedrals, fruit stands...It's like I imagine honduras was 20 years ago. the cartels and organized gangs keep the peace and as long as you don't cross them life is good. Every now and then they'll be a pile of bodies without heads dumped in the middle of the street but its pretty much always because they deserved it. 

But putting two gringos together with a car is asking for trouble! I've never recieved such attention from girls in my life. It's disgusting. Just cause we have a car and they think we have money. And their parents encourage it too. Honduras.

And as far as AP goes...it's really not that prestigious. We just go to meetings more than anything. When president cant go to area meetings, or when we have trainings with zone leaders and district leaders or trainers...not all that glorious. 
 

But yeah, that's where I'm at. Hope I get to hear from you all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment