Wednesday, January 13, 2016

January 4, 2016
 
alrighty, explanation. First off, Anne did get baptized! Honestly it was one of the best baptisms of my mission-one of the most meaningful. She's come such a long way and she gets it. The other night we assigned her a little reading just to review the restauration before baptism and then she read it and was just like "I already know this is all true, I already know Joseph Smith was a prophet and that through him God restored his true church, when are you gonna teach me deeper things?" alrighty Anne, as you wish. Super solid. But yeah. Single mother. Typical honduras. She lives with my favorite family here. Her situation is this-the older woman in the picture is her "mother in law". She lives with her. The womans son was the ex boyfriend, and they were shacking up in the woman's home. She was inactive and her children weren't members. Step by step, she's been getting active and is now ready for a calling (she's the one that is wanting to get endowed) and her children have got baptized and have been excellent converts. After a while, she and the boyfirend (the son) split up, and the family decides that they like her alot better than their son and they have her stay with them while her son gets the boot. So she's there, with the baby's grandmother and other recent converts. 

 

 

Aside from that, I have transfers...I'm bummed. I've always been ready to leave my areas and now that I want to stay I'm getting sucked away. I love this area and the people way more than any other area. It's hard actually, I honestly got really depressed and just wanted to quit and hang out with members but I muscled up and we kept on working but today and tomorrow is gonna be just pure party mode saying goodbye to everybody.  I've always said I wouldn't visit honduras but I'd come back here. The interesting part is that they're transfering me to the heart of san pedro sula. The big deal. President called me last night and told me I was going to be the new asistant, together with Riley Hodson. Being AP is cool and all but holy cow...now's really gonna be the time to man up and go hard. I feel so inadequate haha I was talking with President and I gave him my humble opionion that there are a heck of alot of other missionaries better suited for this and I could give him a list if he wanted but he just laughed it off and said too bad. It'll be cool though but definitely new responsibilities, new stress, and new things to learn. I'm excited to be with Hodson though, first time having a gringo comp. And I love giving trainings which is basically what the AP's do aside from working normally and doing divisions and managing the material aspects of the mission. But, I'm gonna have hot showers!  


Other pictures-went to pico bonito with missionaries from two zones. It's a little national park with waterfalls and all that. I bought an american flag up there with me to take pictures with the nortes so that was kind of fun. 
 
 
 
 

 
Other picture-new year's eve. Looking back it was definitely against the rules but we went out and bought a bunch of fireworks (dirt cheap here) and set them off (another reason I feel inadequate for being AP!) We just did it in the street in front of the house, a few members stopped by, and we're throwing firecrackers and shooting roman candles. Fun stuff, todo tranquilo. It was kinda funny because around 11/30 at night President Reyes from the stake drove by and was just like "happy new year elders!"and kept on driving. I feel like we would have got the machete for that if we were in the states. Just different here, and I love it! 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment