Sunday, October 25, 2015

October 19, 2015

My update
Me and the boys, Elder Saunders and the famous Elder Magalei (the one with 12 NCAA brothers) 

Elder Sandoval


The Zelaya family. The dark skinned one with the baby is Vilma, the girlfriend of Byron, that are gonna get married this week. I love this family, my favorite family here. Not pictured are Leidy, who´s already been baptized and is super active, and Byron, who´s gonna get baptized. They always give us food, treat us well, and are going to be the best converts I´ve had besides the Ortiz family. They´ve made huge changes and really, really get it. 
 

And don´t worry on the email thing, we were just in the internet sending dats off. 
 
And my toe sucks, its still not growing back and it hurts like the devil, and my pain meds are just about out. Good thing I´m in Honduras and I can buy some good stuff for a nickel. 

My new comp! Is the best. Makes such a difference in the mission. We´re best buds. He´s called Navas, and he´s from Costa Rica. He´s a universtiy grad, probably coulda gone pro in soccer, and we´re on the same page with our attitudes and ideas. Laid back, good missionary, and we just enjoy the heck out of the mission. Doesn´t get offended, he´s just a normal dude. For example, if I lost the keys, lopez would have been like  ¨I can´t believe this. This is your fault. We´re wasting the Lords time and money, what an idiot.¨ and Navas would have been like ¨haha freak dude, we´re screwed! guess we´re going camping!¨ Totally different attitude, stripped of pride and he doesn´t think he´s all that. We just get along. Share money and everything (I still feel like I come up on the short end of the stick but its the thought that counts right?) He´s everything that´s good about the latins and none of the bad. 

And your question-honestly the city is better. I hate to say it. I love Morazan, I love seeing cattle and trucks and planting pineapples and working on farms but...for the missionary life, the city is way better. Honduras is still pretty undeveloped, and in the country areas a lot of people can´t read, even less are married, the evangelical churches are way too strong, there´s not modern conveniences (remember my poverty struggle in morazan when there wasn´t an ATM?) and the food is just better in the city. More variety. Sure, homegrown beans, eggs, chicken, and corn tortillas straight from the field is to die for, but after eating it for weeks straight I´m not real interested in how fresh it is, I just want Wendy´s. Here in Ceiba there´s american food we can get our hands on once in a blue moon. The wards are way stronger people are jammed packed together and it sure makes for easier tracting. 

Sorry to hear about the shop drama. Couldn´t tell ya what´s got into them. Tell Peter hi for me, he´s a good guy. Peter has problems with the latinos because he wants them to work, and he has problems with the white kids cause they all come from wealthy families and aren´t humble enough! Also I´m not a big fan of josh, he bugs. He´s a nice guy, never clashed with him, but he´s just  fresa. 

That´s so cool about Devin. How´d everything go? are they honeymooneying? 

And no I didn´t make cookies, I can´t remember the last time I´ve seen an oven in honduras...haha I´m just gonna make the dough and eat it, I prefer it that way anyways! 

And hey, keep on sending me pictures of Rhys, and better yet his email, I still think that´s the coolest thing. 

Also, I´m real glad that skips doing better! I hope he can hold out. 

But yes, being ZL is cool. I´d rather just be a district leader but no one asked my opinion. Also, I´ve got 14 months tomorrow! It´s moving so fast now. Not too fast, mind you, but it´s going. And it´s looking like I´m only gonna have one more area after this one, hoping I can finish the mission with 4. 

Campout looks fun. Although after a two year long campout it´s kind of losing its appeal haha. Not really though, I´d still enjoy it. Sorry the fishing wasn´t great. One day we went out there and did all right though, I remember we caught a few small bass and a few mudfish. Hope Dad enjoyed the lack of pressure! How´s seminary? 

Anyway, i really don´t have that much to tell you all, just work. Pouring rain all week. We didn´t even carry scriptures. I just wrote down our list of appointments on a piece of paper and put it in a plastic bag with our phone and that was it. Everyone´s got a bible (although it sure makes things difficult when they´ve got the jehova´s witness-conveniently-modified bible and the verses don´t match up) and we´ve got the book of mormon scriptures memorized so we´re good. Still working like crazy and having success. 

And I´m gonna send Sarah her own email haha sounds like life caught up with her huh? College will do that to ya, you think you´re doing great til midterms and then you get a big wakeup call. 

Anyways. I´ll be on for a while if i remember anything else. love and miss you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment