Sunday, October 25, 2015

August 24, 2015

Not much to write about but I'm sure excited for your trip to Provo!

Our 1 year picture
Good week. Rosibel did get married! It was very simple, we walked down with their family and a couple witnesses to the county office, signed the paper, said the I do's, and yup. They were absolutely radiant though, Rosibel looked so happy. Both of them did. I have pictures and will get them to ya one of these days. And when it came time to kiss the bride Rigoberto grabbed her and kissed her like a man and everybody clapped, they've come so far. And I couldn't be happier with their progress. And their baptism is all schedule for 1 o'clock on thursday at a big river pool way up in the mountains. 

Had a special meeting this weekend with Russel M. Nelson-well, not with him, but a satelite broadcast  from tegucigalpa. Good meeting, and the best part was seeing all my old buddies from the CCM-had a blast shooting the bull with them. 

And then today two zones rented a soccer stadium in Progreso and we went out and played soccer and ultimate frisbe and turned out to be really fun, and I'm extra tired now. Fun getting back together with people and getting dirty and playing hard.
 
Also, one of our investigators (wilmer) that we were about to drop had answer to the book of mormon and totally turned things around. Real happy about that one. 

Also, Denia, the best investigator I've ever had, recieved permission to take sundays off at work-she was so excited to tell us that she's gonna be able to go to church! 

I'm really trying to think of stuff to tell you-all that's happened this week was work, work, and a wedding. 

What did Rowdy talk about? I really like when people talk about their struggles. Honestly gets me much more than anything else. Glad it was such a good church meeting, I'd love to be able to feel the spirit in sacrament meeting again! In a year. Church is so different here. 

And you got demoted huh? That's gotta be a change. 

Tell me what all you're gonna do in Provo?? and the laptop stayed on my desk normally, occasionally I'd carry it to the library. i actually did a fair amount of studying in the library, get away from the distractions. Suggestions...get an all sports pass, talk to everyone possible-everyone is from somewhere else and everyone wants to get to know everybody. keep your door open when you're unpacking and people will come in and introduce themselves and you'll make friends. I think she'll get there and wonder why she was so worried, she'll do way better than she's thinking. I imagine. That's the great thing about BYU, with the state schools everyone just stays in their high school friend groups. I wouldn't worry too much about clubs, if something really calls your attention go for it but don't join clubs just for resume/experience. yet. Get the first semester out of the way first. Use your TA's! They're the ones that will grade your papers, with the big classes, and if you're always participating and asking questions in the labs, trying, they'll keep that in mind as they grade. Also, don't get a boyfriend, you got lots of time to date around and find a good one. preferably Elder Gillens in a year when he get's back home from his mission. I think she'll be surprised how much she misses florida once winter rolls around-when I went out I was all sold on living in utah up until winter came, and then I missed spanish moss and greenery more than ever. And I don't know, just...stay unique. Keep it real. Do intramural sports, you'll have a blast. Talent isn't required. Have fun, don't stress, And hiking the Y...haha. Classic. Gotta do it once but no more. Leaving is sad-I remember my last few days very vividly. And taking off from Orlando and seeing all the houses and lakes and forests below, that was hard. But then flying into Salt lake city, and seeing the mountains and the temple...that was cool. It's so exciting. You'll love it. Whirlwind of emotions but worth it. don't spread yourself too thin, slow and steady wins the race. Also, study. Freaking start your papers the day you get the assignment. There's no such thing as good writing, only good re-writing. Give yourself lots of time to re do, edit, and make corrections. The whole high school skating by by pure intelligence doesn't fly in college. Also, get yourself a whiteboard and put assignments and due-dates. 

Answering your questions-the green stuff was either the platano or bell peppers. the cooking? peel them, clean them, and dump them in oil. Pretty simple. Ripe ones are my favorite because they come out a little bit sweet. Recreation? Honduran recreation is drugs, alcohol, and the soap opera. In the cities they have everything you could find in the states, but here...no movie theatre. Soccer is huge here, there's always people playing in neighborhood courts and neighborhood leaggues and stuff. Really it's extremely boring. People go to the river to swim too. And even though its a small town and rural, there's nothing of the stuff that makes small town life fun. No hunting cause they already killed all the animals, no fishing cause they already ate all the fish, and no imagination to create your own fun. They usually just sit down and watch TV. I can not express how simple, basic, and mentally dull these people are. I hate to say it but its true.

Short on time and short on imagination, but loving and missing you all! Working hard, doing well, and motivated. Have a great week and I expect a ton of pictures from the trip to Provo!  

Love, Elder Hansen

 


No comments:

Post a Comment