Tuesday, June 2, 2015

May 4th, 2015

Ok, here I am finally! Everyone is looking good! Hope yall were good to sarah for her birthday. That driveway picture just warms my heart. Trucks and boats and the house. Love it. Orrin sent me some sweet pics of the boys out on Butler chain, looks like they had a blast. And Kate's looking so grown up! And I'm proud of Sarah for all the work she's done with the special olympics. I bet she was sad to leave it.
I'm short on time, got another late start writing, but yep, everybody got confirmed, and out of all the recent converts in the branch recently we ordained 5 new aaronic priesthood holders, and 3 of them will recieve the melchezidek in a little while here. And the family of Luis is going to the temple in the summer, so hopefully we can marry them and Luis can baptize them before that! Our converts are solid. Like they've been members for years.
And that's crazy about sunburst. If you can wait ten years for jacksonville I'll take that one over! You all are gonna go crazy. Shoot, rent out Orrin to do it. I reallly like Jonathan but it kinda seemed he wasn't real ambitious, how do you feel about losing everybody besides the extra work part? also, sidenote, never met anyone from massachusetts that I liked, their like new yorkers but snobbier and he'll probably be a huge liberal.
and about the mothers day call, my comp is gonna talk the 15th, but if you all would rather do it sunday that won't bother me at all. Just let me know, we have another week to plan it!
But yeah, I'm talking to Sarah about BYU. It's hard, I felt the same way. But staying at home will be even worse.
And for my package, sounds great. The only other thing I want to beg for is something cheesey and florida related. something to put on my desk. a little florida flag or something. It's dumb but if you can get your hands on something it'd be great! Also, could you send me some photos, just in email? If you can find them. I want a picture of those times we stopped by oil rigs in texas, and any other old family picture you can find.
And I got a kick out of that picture, sure does look like me. Even the hands. Who ever woulda thought I'm model quality huh? Thanks for the Arizona update. Speaking of Arizona, Kirk never answered me, so I don't know if I had the email address or he just wasn't in a chatting mood, I really would like to talk to him.
And I'm sorry, I don't have any kind of updates or spiritual thoughts! Short on time and short on experiences from the week. This week was purely spent on moving and taking care of worldy business. And for that, the week dragged on. But, our new house is the best and I'll send pictures next week. But everyone is progressing, including me, and I've got no complaints. Really this week has been a lot of learning about the atonement, grace, weaknesses, what is expected of us and how easily we can obtain it, and how the commandment to be perfect doesn't mean what we think it means alot of times. And as always, very grateful for the blessings of the temple and eternal families! Definitely took it for granted before the mission.
District is good...my comp is so so. He'd be an awesome friend but not so good as a companion. We have awesome lessons and work hard and well together but he offends really easy and has moodswings-latin pride to the max. Went from managing someone with no confidence to someone with way too much. (sidenote, not to be prideful myself, but my comp thinks he's jacked, right? Like huge. And he does look big but its just fat in the right places. We went to a gym, a real gym, for the first time this morning and I smoked him. I didn't have to say a word. Lean and mean still wins. There's my little prideful moment for the day) and sister missionaries are still sister missionaries.
Pday plans for tdoay? we watched the Saratov Approach and Charly as a district. Cried. Dang mission making me all emotional.
And it is going fast. This week went slow but it's crazy to think that I have 8 months and I'm fluent in spanish and that I only have one more christmas in Honduras and the next one will be at home.

I'm really sorry though, I have no exciting news, no update, and no spiritual thought! Just needs and requests! I'll do my best next week.
Anyways. Love you all, and you all keep me going sometimes. Keep on keeping on. Miss you all but we'll get to chat soon. bye now!

Elder Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment