Tuesday, June 2, 2015

June 1, 2015

That is crazy, he's so young! He'll be a great bishop though, I think he'll do wonders for missionary work and the youth in the ward. 

And the Ehinger boys are smart. Tell them hi for me. And Todd's a great guy, always liked him. Solid bishopric. 
 
But yeah, our house is sweet. All the houses here are like that with the tin roofs. I've never seen a roof that's not tin. Sure nice when the rain rolls around though. Privacy issues are better but I'm about to kill our dogs. They're getting rowdy and pooping all over the property. I had a heart to heart with the big male dog the other day, he growled at me and was being ornery so I snatched his collar and brought him face to face and cussed him out real good in spanish (just remember this is a huge rotweiler) and reminded him who the jefe is. I'm developing a temper I'm afraid. Then I felt bad and went and petted him for awhile afterwards but he's been behaving better. Still waiting for the owners to take them out, when a honduran says he'll do something you usually gotta triple whatever timetable he gives you. 

And about the temple trip, yes, they'll all be able to go, the branch did an activity and they're chartering a bus together and in US dollars the price went down to like 12$ a head. Still a good chunk of change in Honduras but doable.

Also, Just so you know, if you still have the LDS living issue with Gladys Knight on the cover, there's an article about Honduras and it has president Klein and in the front cover there's a little picture of the primary class in Morazan in the little shed behind the house where we meet. 

And no, you still havent seen a picture of Rosalita. I'm gonna take a picture with the two of them one of these days, I've got lots of time here! There's so many people I wish you all could meet, you'd love them all. 

That said, I'm gonna come back so racist. It's hard to explain. Like, I love them, but every stereotype is spot on. 

The only thing to report this week is that we had a visit from President Klein and his wife, and it was great. I love them both. Made me super baggy. They brought us real bread, a salad, and we ate spaghetti with real sauce and homemade cookies and it was to die for. American food, sunday lunch. Had a great old time. Also filled the church and another of our converts recieved the priesthood.  Our assistence went up to 61 this sunday, our record is 70 something but average is low 50's so we're doing pretty good. We're working hard with retention. The dang hondurans are super receptive but they're not much for sticking with it. 

I really have very little to report this week-just working, visitng converts and helping people do their geneology and preparing for the temple. Pretty much every lesson we're talking about the temple. 

And about the package, yes! If possible. I want a good backpack. Honduras destroys stuff pretty quick, I could really use a good quality backpack that will last me. And I want it in Cammo because hondurans dig that kind of stuff. As a missionary having conversation starters is essential. I don't want a hydration pouch or anything but If you could find something quality that would be sweet. I know theres a solid brand called badlands but I don't know how expensive they are or if you could find one before the package goes. (speaking of which this week I met a guy that spoke really good english and worked in a tire shop on OBT and lived in orlando for a few years, that was kind of fun).And, as always, in the package I want pictures! 
 
Hey Sarah! How's the summer going? Gettinbg more excited for BYU yet?  How's everything going?And if the BYU volunteer thing pans out, is program director a paid thing? Are you gonna work when you're up there? I think it would be really hard to work the first semester. Theres just alot going on and a lot to adjust to. Sidenote though, a really cool thing about utah is they have "special needs mutual" where all the special needs kids from a few stakes (i.e, a town) get together and have games and activiies and it's a blast. The student wards in BYU always have opportunities to volunteer, i did it once and it was a blast, really touching. But sounds like you're killing it in the productivity/money making department. Way to go. How's the horse going? Hook me up with a couple pictures of you working the horse one of these days. Also, you don't know how many elders want to write you-always asking for your email address. Theres only three so far that I'd give it to.And a funny story about you-someone saw your picture and a little boy was asking me (well, after he and his brother had a fight about who was prettier, you or kate-they kept going back and forth-"the blonde!" "no, the brunette, you idiot!") anyways, he's like "so, your sister...how does she speak english? She has brown hair...only blonde people can speak English. How come she doesn't speak spanish? She has brown hair." Freaking hondurans. People ask me every day if children in the united states speak Enlgish too. In their minds everyone on earth is born speaking spanish and then has to learn another language. Anyways. Í'm proud of ya, keep me posted on what you're up to, with pictures please! 

And I'm glad everyone's down on getting scuba certified! Also, good job on getting out and exploring blue springs. One of my favorite places. Florida's full of places like that, we don't know how lucky we are. I want you all to think of a trip we could when I could get back. 

But yeah, you all are always on my mind, I don't know what I'd do without the examples and the support I have. I'm sure proud of you all, every one of ya. 

And tell Ster hi for me! He's the only one that didn't write me, I wanna know what he's up to as well! Good luck on the basketball camp. 

And as always, get me kirk's address already! Pleaseee. 
 
heres my buddy austin measles from Lehi. He's my ZL and we're on divisions in this picture. Great guy, I wouldn't be surprised if we end up working together down the road.
 
If you all want something spiritual from me listen to the talk "Apostasy and Restauration"by Dallin H. Oaks. It'a good one and I like it alot. Talks abou our purpose. We're not preaching the gospel so that people can go to heaven, everyone on earth is already going to achieve a sort of heaven. We're preaching the gospel so that people can acheive something that they otherwise could not have achieved. And for those that are prepared, we preach the gospel so that they can become gods and co-creators with God and continue on with their families in the eternities progressing in power and glory and light until exaltation. 
 
You guys are the best, loved the pictures, updates, and everything. Miss ya'll. Keep on keepin' on.

 
Hey Curtis! Going to Utah with Matt huh? I always used to hate on Utah but after being on the mission, the best missionaries and my best friends are from Utah. Way to go on the workout though, that's awesome. Get big, get crazy. That's an awesome way to spend your summer-workout, work, and fish. I'm working out here too, we joined a gym and it's sweet. What else are you gonna do for work? I'm telling you, mowing lawns is the way to go. Mow a couple lawns every morning and then chill or do whatever you want the rest of the day with a hundred bucks in your pocket. That's funny about the schoolwork though, Jason Lail and I in freshman year I think put our spanish books up in a tree and shot them with shotguns til there was nothing left. Pure foolishness but it was fun. Talk to ya next week my man!
Hey Kateeeee. Did you know that nobody believes that you're my sister? Everyone asks me how you turned out blonde. How's summer going?? Just you and ster went to disney? Think you're gonna like the hospital? Got any work plans for the summer or just volunteering and partying? Good way to spend the summer though. How's your spanish coming along? You ended up liking Mr. Martin huh? I'm glad, he was always one of my favorites. Not the favorite, but he was up there. Show some love to skip for me, and keep on being a superstar. Just don't get too full of yourself now, not everybody can be as cool as you are. Anyways. Have a great week, and thanks for letting me know what's going on. Miss ya!
 Love ya both!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment