Tuesday, March 24, 2015

March 23, 2015
The magical little town where it never rains

Also known as Morazan. So yup, I got transfered! 

here's a goodbye picture I'll share with ya. They came to the house super late to say goodbye , thus my normal clothing. Hermano chiquito. I still don't know his name, but the great thing about spanish is its normal to call everybody "hermano". It would be weird to call someone only "brother"all the time but it works here and saves me from awkward situations of not knowing someones name. 


pic with villegas


my new house. I came to a dirty house, don't judge me. FYI, the bed in the background is just there, that's not where we sleep. 



pic in morazan. it's a beautiful place, look it up. 

 

The port in ceiba, just cause it's kinda cool. Looks like Alaska. 



Me and elder sandoval, the finest mexican to ever walk the planet. 
 I could not be happier with this change. Morazan is a little town in the state of Yoro. It's about the size of St. Johns, with one long main street running east to west. It's a real small town in the middle of nowhere, like geographical oddity two weeks from everywhere kind of place, and all about cattle and coffee. It's the coolest little town, everybody drives old toyota flatbed trucks with water tanks on the back. People ride horses around town and opportunities for service are endless. In my few days here we've already fixed a roof, picked beans, cleared land, made fence posts, and all kinds of farmy stuff. Next week we'll be working cows and cutting wood. It's hot and dry and surrounded by beautiful mountains. And the mountains are covered with pine trees and waterfalls...I feel like I'm in Arizona with more Mexicans (well, Hondurans, but ya know). There's a popular 4x4 race here every sunday, this place is just a bunch of rednecks that speak spanish. One of the biggest problems here is actually coffee-lots of coffee farmers. We've got tentative plans to help an investigator on his coffee farm, called a finca, next week, I'm not sure if that counts as sinning or not but it'll sure be interesting. After getting seasick the last time I was just about getting tired of the ocean everyday so this is a great change of pace. It's super safe, everyone carries guns so there's no crime (they are serious about that too-they squash any signs of gang activity from the get go-because the new latino missionaries think they're thugs and like to play around on the street and throw gang signs, they told us "look, don't do that. They'll shoot you. Right away. No questions" So I thought that was pretty cool) Our house is stellar. It's huge, on the third floor, surrouned by huge windows that we leave open all the time. I don't need an alarm clock because the sun coming up through the valley hits me everyday at around 6:15, and that's a whole lot more pleasant than an alarm clock. 

My comp is pretty cool, He's from Paraguay. All the south americans are kinda weird but he's a good guy. He likes to work, finally, and we're on fire. We have great lessons and work well together already. And the members and investigators are awesome and I love em already. It's a different world from Roatan. I'll cry when I leave here for sure. It's weird being in a place where we actually have a district and have zone meetings and stuff like that but it's cool. Our district is from Paraguay, two from bolivia, and a gringa from california. I'm the only non-native spanish speaker of the elders so I'm excited for the spanish to improve a little more. And now I'm picking up all the south american jokes and dialogue, so that's cool too. They're so gay though, South Americans are super feminine. They're funny. 

And the best part? This area got opened about 6 months ago. Church is outdoors under a pavilion. asistence is about 60 and the church is completely new here. And we baptize in a river. Many of the converts here are families-whole families. Couldn't be happier with where I am. The converts are solid and willing and ready to serve. Anyways. There's my update of the area. Photos are coming. 

But yeah. Roatan was a hard area looking back. This is a different world. But, I gave it my all and I left knowing I made a difference with converts and reactivating people, and I hope that I made a difference in my comp's life-He changed a ton and I hope that at least he can have one companion he didn't fight with all the time. I even miss him a little but I'm glad to be with someone that works-I'm not top dog anymore, my new comp is a good missionary. 

I took so long telling ya everything else I hardly have time for the rest, but devils den looks sweet! I would love to do that. Looks coooooold. And the airshow too...I love airshows. Always walk away feeling even more patirotic. Devils Den and the Rodeo in one day? That's a pretty Florida day right there. How's them scuba certifications coming? Good to see the curtis fishing, as always, your worm rigging is nice and straight. 

 But yes, that's Elder Ochoa. 

I also love teaching. If I didn't like money so much I'd be a teacher. My classes are good. I make the curriculum myself. And thanks for the sexism, but yeah, the men of roatan are pretty chasta. That's another thing I like about here, the men aren't deadbeats. We actually baptize men here. 

And thanks for all the geneology and journals! I'll print it out and do it all/read it all later. That's all I got for now, I'm gonna send some pictures and I'll be here for a while. 

Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment