Tuesday, March 24, 2015

March 16, 2015



me teaching the english class. huuuuge


here's what we call a "catracho foto". Classic. No smiles and the dad is putting their hands on the chest of the kids. Everyone takes photos like this. This is the familia flores. We're activating them, went fishing with the boys, the boys recieved the priesthood, and their cousin is getting baptized next saturday. 


reunion with some of the ccm boys last month. Love seeing everybody but I'm sick of meetings and traveling! 

 

But, on a postive note, I've been saving my boat tickets and this trip I had enough to get a free trip...kaching. I'm gonna live high on the hog this money cycle.
 
 


Hey everybody! Awesome pictures. Got everybody included! Goodlooking horse, is it a gelding or a mare? couldn't see any evidences. Glad it was such a good purchase though, its about time! And that kayak picture in my truck bed is the best, way to go. Where'd the third kayak come from? And where is the acadamy store gonna be?  And were you all in the kayaks when this happened? That's sweet, I bet you were all wishing you were in a bigger boat. sounds awesome. And Kate, who's the other girl with you? Not the searle girl? Still hanging out with all the Mormons? 

And about time on the river is right. How is it? Good fishing? And orange blossoms...ahh. without a doubt the best smell in the world. Misty mornings and orange blossoms, that's good stuff. 

And yeah, I'm still writing orrin every week, he's been talking about that. What do you think of his plans?  

Still swimming every day huh? Are you getting good? That's why swimmers get fat after they quit swimming! 

And yeah...I'll find out tonight but i'm pretty sure I go. It's time. Past time really. Come along way with my companion but 3 months is long enough. 

I want lots of pictures from devils den and the airshow! 

And I did get my package! It was actually perfect timing cause we were stuck in ceiba on a sunday with no food so I just ate that granola you sent me...The Lord will provide right? Thank you so much for everything, and the mp3 player was exactly what I wanted. had to cut a couple songs out of there but overall I was pretty well pleased! And the old talks are great too. Especially the Spencer W. Kimball one, i can see why you liked that one. Made me think of all my grandparents. also, the madre hansen thing got a few laughs. 

Update, stuff from this week: 

One thing that's really notable about the people here is their lack of pride. The bad kind of pride. For example, when people in the states, often, fall into transgression or face church discipline they get offended, leave the church, and start writing anti mormon lit. But here...So humble. I know many people that are excommunicated but still have super strong testimonies and feed us and go to church and do all they can to support us. It's admirable. 

Other thing, in the next package (I know I just got one) can you throw in little cheesey lds bookstore type things? Like little orlando temple pictures, little cards with jesus, things like that? Nothing too cheesey, but little things like that to give to people or to use myself. appreciating the little things! 

Also, this week we've found more "modified" bibles. More scriptures that the catholics have taken out or completely changed. Always interesting. Everytime I meet leaders from other churches, no matter how good or well intentioned they are, something is always missing. I met a pentacostal missionary the other day and just got super weird vibes...Like I'm usually really impressed with many of the pastors I know but this man may have been straight satanic. 

Also met a family from gilbert the other day that knows elder greer that served in longwood, so I was subject to another round of 10 people all taking pictures with me. Still fun, but no money this time :( 

Also had a great experience going to the conference in san pedro. First of all, the trip is a blast, cause its just...making up on the fly, it really is. The president is kinda just like "get there" so we just rented a bus and spent a few nights sleeping on the floor with other missionaries in another city. Then riding on the bus was just pure joy-dark sky above us, riding in the mountains, bus full of missionaries-would not want to be in any other place. Complete satisfaction with what I'm doing, where I am, not wishing I was in anyother place or doing anything else. And the conference was good too, but to be honest the best part was seeing my friends again...its cool seeing the changes. And seeing Elder Vasquez again! Also, Sarah needs to marry my best buddy-his name is Kellen Gillens, from hawaii and fillmore, Utah. Dairy farmer. He's the only one I'd approve of that I've met so far. 

Anyways. The conference. We also heard from Elder Maynes and Elder Davies (of the presiding bishopric) and I like Elder Davies alot. Elder Ochoa was there too and out of all of them he's my favorite. He's got something about him. Some people just radiate power and righteousness and he's one of them. Elder Anderson was good too but he spoke spanish with a super heavy french accent and would throw in portuguese, kinda funny.  (also, fun fact, I can more or less get the gist of things written in italian, portuguese, and french now-super similar)

Also, send me something from dad's missionary journals! I wanna learn more about his mission and I've never read them. 

tell mark hi for me. And everyone in sunburst. I really do miss working there! I gotta wrap things up so I can work on the family history book. if you have any thing interesting from any relative (up to my great grandparents) tell me so I can fill it in! And I still need photos pleaseeee. And yes, I already got JJ's letter a long time ago, would you mind helping me out with the reply for that one? 

Hate to be brief but gotta do what you gotta do. Love you all, love hearing about the updates, have a great week! photos coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment