Monday, February 2, 2015

Monday, Feb 2, 2015
Stefanie's baptism

Stefanie
 

I think this is Hermana Garay Scott's cook.  Not sure though


As I write this I'm still on the island, but I'll find out tonight where I'm going. It's almost a sure thing I go, and really it's time. I've been here for a long time. I don't want to go but really I do. Anyways, this week, we:Had a baptism, got robbed (story later, no worries) and felt an earthquake. 
 
So, the baptism-I can't remember what I've told yall about stefani, but this is the family we found that had dreams about us and was already reading the Book of Mormon. Super solid. The mom isn't married and can't be baptized yet but we're starting with Stefani. We have to move slow with them, very little education, but they have strong desires and strong faith. I baptized her saturday night and it was a great experience. She fits right in in the church and she already has a support system-her downstairs neighbors are alonzo's family, and we have been teaching them with alonzo (strengthening alonzo at the same time) and another recent convert that lives close by who's 19. She's island island native, and as far as I know, the second native islander to be baptized here-I don't know of any others. All the rest are from Honduras or mosquitia or other countries. 

The robbery-It finally happened. Our little island peace has been shattered. The island is usually so tranquil that we weren't even worried about it. We left the window open to let the breeze in (unlike the rest of central america, we don't have bars over the windows) and someone came in in through the screen while we were sleeping. And...we didn't know a thing. There is no doubt in my mind that we were protected and kept asleep. They took about 3,000 lempiras and a camera of elder sandoval and my ipod. 1,000 of those limps was my personal money to buy souveneirs, so...I'm gonna have to take a little more haha. But really, if we had woken up we would have had major problems. They came into our individual bedrooms and everything-I had my wallet about 2 feet from my head in my little closet thing, and they did the same in the other companionship's bedroom. No one knew a thing. They took our stuff and left, and thankfully left our ID's and cards-just took the cash and the electronics. We figured it out in the morning and knelt down and prayed in grattitude for our protection. They got our neighbors too and cleaned them out, tv's, microwaves, computers, everything. At least now they know that we don't have anything of value and won't come back! So that was something interesting for the week. 

We also felt an earthquake-it was super small and lasted 5 seconds but that was the first time I've ever felt one so it was cool for me. Not what I imagined. But the buildings sway and everything, it was sweet. 

And yeah, you guys can hang out with the younger crowd, you guys are cool. No worries. 

And that shutter picture....ughh, that made me sick. Glad to hear it all turned out ok. What happened with the install? 

And just don't get an ugly chevy...I think all the new ones are ugly. But no worries, it's still a new truck. 

Curtis and fishing shirts, that's funny. Is he fishing? That's the way to keep him out of trouble, send him out on the river. That's cool that he's doing so well in track, are you gonna encourage himn to focus on one thing or what? And I have never heard of the brevard county zoo but sounds cool. 

Sterling looks so...I don't know, but the picture on the couch with the cat made me laugh. Too bad his team isn't all that great, isn't he playing with all the ward kids? 

And with Kate and her schedule (she'll be a sophomore?) I really did like the class but I had Joyce as my teacher and he's not there anymore. It depends on the teacher really but I'd still reccomend it. Have fun in jacksonville, I love jax. 

How much time does sarah have left? Is it worth her time to buy the horse? Still sounds like fun though. When does she find out about colleges? And yes, the end of senior year was super easy. The only hard parts are the ap exams, but I skipped a ton of class and definitely just coasted there at the end. Not that she should do that but I wouldn't be worried about a lack of homework. 

And about the acne-the doctor here already gave me a super basic, light antibiotic similiar to monodox and it helps but not much. But nooo, this isn't a problem of keeping my face clean-this is a medical problem. I'm in full favor of advanced medication. And I can always stop meds if I get weird, I told you all about minor anxiety, I'd definitely tell you about depressive thoughts. I'm not mentaly unstable or anything, no worries. And there are no good doctors in the mainland, Roatan is the most civilized place in Honduras. 

And my old ipod doesn't work-it seems like it works for a little while but after a while it craps out. But the thing is I need an mp3 player, like a cheap one-I cant use apple products because they require itunes to put music on. Missionaries are always exchanging talks and music and I can't do that with an ipod. But yes, Disney is just fine. Headphones, no, but I have my little speakers. 

Keep me posted about the nauvoo trip! Are trhe Garrett's still there? Any of the appalachian trail hikes would be cool, and Blood mountain area is where connor and I went and it was beautiful. You should ask connor how to get to that waterfall we bathed in when we went up there, it was super cool and pretty close to a road. I remember TN being super fun, sounds like a blast. Go to Nasheville! 

That's all I got for ya, hope this email was suficiently exciting. Have a great week, can't wait to hear from ya'll again!

Love you all

No comments:

Post a Comment