Saturday, January 31, 2015


Monday, January 25, 2015




monkey eating a tube of superglue. He's looking at his hands wondering why the heck they're so sticky. Funniest thing ever, poor guy. 

This is our branch presidents house, I like it a lot. Nice rural area, clean house, solidly built, gets a nice breeze. They're doing pretty good for Roatan. 
 
 
Hey everybody!

Curtis-1st for markham for shot put or mile, or how does it work? either way, that's awesome. tearing it up. how's your kayak? been out on the river? And no way. I'm doing pushups and pullups everyday, I'm still gonna take you down, hard and fast. Go do wrestling though! Does markham offer wrestling? 
Also, one other item of business-this might be my last pday on the island. Transfers are coming up so I'm gonna go buy some souveneirs for the family. Just little stuff, but could you put a little money on my card, quick? And if you have any requests for things you want me to buy have at it. I'm gonna get a tshirt for me, and some little wood carvings of islandy stuff, and a map, but give me requests if you want anything. 
Nice to hear about all the family. Except the St. Johns family, who knows what to do. Is dad gonna go out there solo pretty soon? 

Sarah bought her horse yet?
 
And I can't believe you all bought fake logs...what the heck. And hey, I loved the mudwalk! I'm glad they're still doing it. And I'm glad he'll have Mrs. Voke...another science project but she's really great, I like her alot. And I loved the photos with connor at the temple, made me laugh about him asking for the day off. How's everybody doing in the shop? Dad bought a new truck yet? Good luck with Boca. 

story time. The big news: We have 2 baptisms this saturday, and the other elders will have a third and then a child will be baptized as well. A quadruple baptism! Marsela and Stephani will be baptized. We've been meeting with them pretty much every day and they've been progressing well. They are at a very basic level but they're excited have great desires to follow christ and are progressing and have recieved answers and that's enough for us. So cross your fingers, hopefully next week they'll be some baptism photos! (And of members...I'll get the important ones for sure).

And I've got a good little story about krisia; we went to visit her with a recent convert of a similar background. The visit started off a little rocky, but the member was great and talked about her testimony and experiences and the blessings she's recieved from the gospel and we kind of all talked for a few minutes without any interaction from Krisia, and then we asked her to pray for us, and she just sat there not saying anything. I was waiting, and then after a minute I asked her again (I couldn't see her, this all happened in pitch black because her candle burned out, Honduras) And then she just said "Sure, but...I'm crying" she had been crying for the past 3 or 4 minutes and we had no idea. And then She talked about about how she felt such peace and tranquility, which was especially cool because a couple days before we really focused on feeling peace and comfort and I promised her that through our message she could feel that peace-and then that night she got her answer and her peace. Great experience for everyone, including our member that left with us. 

We've been doing alot of work with members-much more excitement in the branch-and it makes a big difference. It's such a powerful tool. Its better for the investigators, it builds member's testimonies, gives them the confidence to share the gospel on their own, and prepares the young ones to serve missions. Our little branch is small but powerful. 

And I always laugh about how small the island really is. We'll be in a lesson in someones house, and then all of a sudden another of our investigators will walk through the door, and we come to find out they're in laws or cousins or something. I feel like I know everybody. And the other thing that makes me laugh is their dirrections-reminds me how we always laugh at the directions that st. johns people give, because they're exactly the same. For example, someone told us "Ok, go up to the monkey (years ago there was a statute of a monkey there, but it hasn't even been there for years) and keep on going up to the point (which one, there are 4) and cross the bride, and then on the other side theres a palm tree and there's always a black dog under the palm tree, that's where pedro lives"  And I've started to have fun with them, whenever they give us directions like that, I'm just like "Ohhh yeah, I know where that is, there's always that mangy looking dog hanging around right??" and they're like "Yeah! that's the place!". 

Also, another funny story, in hindsight. We were with Alonso's family, bout ready to leave, and miguel, the 6 year old, runs up to me and shouts "HUEVOS!" (eggs) and grabs my testicles. Like, grabs them. owwwww. Why the heck would he do that? I got mad at him in the moment but it makes me laugh every time I think of it now. Kids here have no manners. nada. And if you're gonna post this on your blog don't edit anything. Only edit my racism please. 

That's all I got for ya, time's a tickin. Miss you all, love you all, thanks for the pictures, and can't wait to hear from ya next week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment