Tuesday, February 24, 2015

February 16, 2015
 
awesome pictures! I wanna be in the cold so bad! 

I'm writing this from La Ceiba, we have interviews with president tomorrow so we just decided to come a little early and spend our pday here. I love la ceiba and I just hope I can serve here one day. It's dry, cool, with mountains all around, and a super productive high baptizing area. So we had to wake up at 5 am and take a cold shower to get to the boat on time, and I'm still the only one that has never gotten seasick. 

As always, I'm glad orrin came over. That looks like a blast, I'm glad you all could break the guns out, they were getting a little dusty. 

Any updates for what you're gonna do with Delray beach? And hey, I'm cutting my hair myself too. 2 on the sides and 4 on top, I switched it up a little bit. 

So yeah, we're not fishing, we'll just bum around ceiba for a little bit and then play something with the other missionaries here. We have a multi mission conference coming up next month, with the san pedro sula west mission, and I cant wait to see all my mtc buddies. And an apostle too, but ya know. 

And yes! on saturday we baptized tony. he's super excited, is attending seminary, and going to church on his own. He's neighbors with the branch president and a another family in the branch so he has lots of support and fellowship. I never really clicked with him, but he really clicked with my weird, strange, socially maladjusted companion so who knows. I guess thats why we're sent in twos. No pictures because I forgot my camera cord but I have a bunch of sweet ones. baptisms, people, missionaries, a bunch of huge snook and tarpon from a dock...next week should be good. 

Hey ster, glad you won. Good lucking picture with the the other players, how's the team? Are you really good at clays?? that's awesome, when I was your age I don't think Id even tried. And hey, relaxing on the river is the best. didn't catch anything at all? And .22's are the best. Unless I'm trying to kill something I'm never gonna shoot anything but a .22 ever again. 

that story about curtis and the girl cracked me up...little turd, I died laughing. way to go. is she pretty? Sounds like he's doing real well with the track thing, what's he gonna focus on? What observation did he have at Julies? 

And yeah, I really thought I was gonna go. I'd been here for a long time and I've been here longer than usual. Still have the same companion and he's improving. He's only lied to be a few times and only offended a few inveswtigators and he's not quite as disobedient. Still working on my patience, everyone is the way they are for a reason. And his reason seems to be his parents. grateful for my parents! 

and yeah, We were in the robbers house, he told us he still had the camera so we came and were basically hanging out with him (I even brought him a soda) and then he told us he already sold it.
 
And the things I'm learning? Shoot, I couldn't even begin to start. I'm bring my notes or something next monday but it's an everyday thing. 

And no worries on the package, hopefully I have that christmas card package waiting for me here (I think, you sent it right?)

Interesting experience of the week: I was walking with Elder Fotheringham (the new missionary here that replaced Elder Cluff) to oranize a new area and I was showing him around the island and giving my suggestions and all that good stuff. So we're walking on the road to flowers bay, and it runs along the ocean the whole time-under palm trees, nice breeze, and we can see the mountains of la ceiba in the distance.  We're walking past little beaches and rocky coves with clear water and little caves and it looks like something from pirates of the carribean. We keep on walking, and up ahead we see this old rastafarian man-dreadlocks, beard, captain's hat-sitting on a stump he carved into a chair. He see's us and starts singing "white boys, white boys, whatchyouu doin on my land"and then calls us over. I'm thinking "oh, this is gonna be good" and we go over and start talking to him. The other elder didn't understand a single word; he was talking in English but his island accent was super thick. I missed alot of what he said but from what I was able to understand, he is Moses. The moses. He wrote the first 5 books of the bible, he was telling us that we cant be here without his permission (walking on a private road) and that the islands are given to the black man. At this point I can tell he's just not right and felt bad for him and we tried to leave but he just kept on going. He told us all about the history of the island-well, his history-and about how americans have no right to be here and then he told us that a group of israelites came here to the island many years ago and that they "still speak the hebrew tongue" (hey, we have a book about that exact story, wanna read it?) and then at that point he's like "I wanna show you a photo". So he brings us up to a bunch of rocks hanging out over the water and says "well here it is" and he's pointing out the faces in the rocks and how they're the faces of the people that either used to live there or the people he killed, I wasn't super sure about that part. Wayyy off his rocker. I woulda felt bad for him but he was super rude and has a house and was well fed so I didn't feel too bad. It was a blast though, welcome to the island. 

That's my big story, if I think of anything else I'll let ya know! Was the picture of Kate at sarah's honor grad or something else? 

Also, could you do me a favor and get me the email address of corey white? I wanna see how he's doing. 

Enjoy the day off, what's the occasion? Keep the pictures coming, I want some river pictures soon! And some more family pictures. 

Love you all,

E' Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment