Thursday, February 12, 2015

Monday, February 9, 2015

Doing really well, but still here on the island!
 
Hey Ster-sounds like you're having a blast out there with garretts. where is the property? I don't remember. And yes, get a kayak! You and Curtis could go take the kayaks anywhere and fish and explore all by yourselves, that would be a blast. You'd only use the dirtbikes once in a while, too expensive. Keep up the good work with football, still playing wide reciever? that's cool you had prayer before the game. People here tell us all the time that sports are sinful. They're like "you guys have a soccer court IN YOUR CHURCH, what are you doing??" crazy. 

About the robbery-the funny thing is, after hearing word on the street and various things, I actually know the guy who did it-we've taught him a lesson. He lives with the brother of Krisia, beneath her. Bunch of bums and trash. And the best part is tonight we're gonna go buy our stuff back for cheap. We're friendly with him. He's black and skinny and has a tattoo of a marijuna leaf on his hand. Our neighbors are waiting up every night with guns to shoot him, and it's weird...we're friendly with the robber and his cousin (I know their whole gang and who sells the stuff too) but at the same time, I would not lose any sleep if our neighbors shot them. It's terrible but I kinda hope they do. One less problem, one less scumbag in Roatan. I should probably repent for that but I'd do the same. He's tried in the neighbors apartment 3 times, and either couldn't get back in ours or saw we didnt have anything of value and didn't try. And the police...nah. It really didn't even cross my mind. I have an even lower opinion of the police. Super corrupt, scumbags, too much power. One of our investigators is in jail for who knows how long for fishing too close to the airport. They arrest you and leave you in jail for a long time before you even get a trial, ship you to the mainland to be tried, and then if you're innocent they're just like "our bad" and you go out without money or anything. 

And if the robber comes back in our house I'll just call him by his street name that only his family and friends know and we'll be good. 

And just a little update on the work-we have another baptism for saturday, he's called Tony. Super solid. He's going to church on his own, neighbor of the branch presidents, was super excited when they gave him a shirt and tie, participates in the classes, and has good questions. He's 17. 

And this week we had two boys recieve the priesthood-we've been working with their part member family for a while and reactivating them and it's going great. The boys fit right in and are excited to pass the sacrament. They live in a little house about the water and fish right from their living room. I watched them cast net a little snook the other day, and we'll be in the middle of a lesson and they'll jump up to go catch a crab they see in the water beneath them to use for bait later. We're gonna fish with them next monday. I showed them my fishing pictures, and the dad has that same yamaha 2.5 hp motor we had and he opened up to us after I was talking to him about all the problems we had and talking boats and fishing and all that. It's just cool because I'm able to use my talents for a good cause-I'm able to use all that time fishing and on the water for missionary work. They have a big 12' net they can't throw and i'm excited to show them how it's done. Stuff Like that. 

Glad Boca wasn't too bad, its just cause Dad is so friendly and everyone loves him. I've found the same about Roatan though-it has a rep for being unfriendly and rude, and really, it kind of is in parts-but you just have to know how to work with the people. Sometimes I wish I could just get transferred to another mission and go to different carribean islands because I've really figured out the people here. At least, I think I have, and then someone will yell at us for not giving them money. 

Thanks for the summary, bunch of white trash, playing with spray paint and the like. Good stuff. cracked me up about Curtis though, thats funny. 

And Curtis-congrats on the improvements! That's cool, how do you stack up in the shot put against others? I want some fish pictures. Don't burn yourself. Also if you put little balls of aluminum foil in a water bottle and add "works" toilet bowl cleaner and put the lid on the bottle they explode really loudly. 

How's sarah doing? She's the only one i didn't hear anything about. 

Summer trip sounds like fun. North of georgia I know absolutely nothing about that part of the country, I'm excited to see some pictures! And a keys trip would be sweet-get everybody dive certified! Or go snorkeling at least. My only reccomendation for the keys is to spend a little money and hire a boat, just the family, and go out reef fishing-something where they put out a chumbag and chum up yellowtails or other snappers. Such a blast. constant action. Plus snapper eats pretty good. 

This week was kinda interesting at first-I was honestly really disapointed I didn't get transfered. It was time to leave. I've been here a long time. But I did alot of thinking and praying and had another little moment and came away from the experience with a really clear vision of exactly what I need to do here and the people I need to work with here and why I didn't get transfered. Now I don't want to go, ever. 

Also, tell Mark I said hi, always liked that guy. Tell all the shop people hi for me, and enjoy the weather. Definitely working hard! Thanks for the pictures, and the pending package! Miss you all, all the time. 

And Curtis, I'm gonna be here for a little while, not sure if you're still there. 

love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment