Wednesday, July 29, 2015

June 22, 2015

First off, I need to complain a little bit, I've been sick as hell. Forever. Every week. It's taking a toll on me. I get sick every week with a couple days of good health in between and then it starts over. I have no idea what's going on. No energy. I'm sick of being sick! Honduras is killing me. Last week I think I ate a couple bananas, an apple, couple bottles of juice, and that's about it. Can't eat, no appetite. Things are improving but if history is any indicator I'll get better and it'll hit me again. Any ideas? I also can't bring myself to eat the traditional food here anymore, I don't know what changed but it just grosses me out now. Don't get worried or anything, I'm just wanting to complain a little. Any advice??
 
But yeah, my stomach problem got so bad this week I called up a local witch doctor-the literal translation is "rubber" as in, öne that rubs" so he could come and "rub" me...an experience, to say the least. We started off by taking my shirt off and then he whips out this bottle of woman's scented cream and I'm already laughing. Dying of laughter it's so gay. Then he starts rubbing my stomach and I lose it, it tickled so dang bad-just picture me half naked laying on the bed of an investigator with a shirtless honduran man with a cowboy hat (no idea why he took his shirt off too, that shoulda been a red flag). Like a mix of Brokeback Mountain and Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman. And I'm laughing my head off. So he starts in to rubbing me, rubs my arms, stomach, legs, neck, and it must have worked because the next day I was able to eat. Gotta love Honduras. Paid him 50 lempiras and took down his phone number to call him the next time I need him. 

Aside from all that, I'm doing pretty good though. Love being DL and trainer, it's fun. More stress but I thrive on it. And it's really not that stressful. I actually really enjoy all the finer points of the calling, like the paperwork and the dats and the personal parts as well, like dealing with problems and talking with every missionary and getting to know them and all that. 
 
Also, I had a dream too! about all of you! I had a dream I came home and how great it was, and then I woke up and just about cried haha, I've been pretty homesick this week. I love the mission-but there's always ups and downs-and when I'm sick and tired and without energy and eating the same tortilla smothered in bean sauce and mayonese crap I get pretty homesick. I always remember that before the mission I'd hear RM's talk about how awesome the mission is and how they never wanted to come home. They're full of crap. I love the mission and wouldn't trade it for the world but I'll be the first one to tell all the young men how hard it is (and how worth it is!)  Give me some motivation!

But, the work is moving! We're all kinda starting from scratch. No one has any investigators or pending baptisms-at least, not at the start of this transfer. So we've all been in high speed mode contacting, tracting, and running down people on the streets with lots of motivation from yours truly. And we pulled in a whopping 47 new investigators last week thanks to our efforts-so now we get em set up with a baptism date this week and then see if we can't get them to the temple in a couple months. We found some really good people this week-families, people that are married, men with jobs and desires to improve their lives-definitely lots of potential. 

And what's up with E. Beeston? I talked to his friends and they said that he still hasn't submitted his papers. 

Way to go Sarah! Making hay while the sun shines. Is she going crazy yet? I love working long hours. Makes me feel productive. And good for you all for throwing the party for michael, I know there's no potential there (and there bettter not be!) but he's a good kid. Also, if any of the kids ever marry outside of the temple I'll castrate them. Or their potential spouse. 

And Sterling, that's awesome! the surfing pictures are sweet. Keep it up, what boards do they have? Time to get them real ones? That's cool they saw a shark though, new smyrna is choc full of sharks. 

That's sad that orrin's leaving. I'm not even in FL and I'm sad about it. Still doesn't have a job. End of an era right there, we sure had a blast together. Still haven't met anyone that's as crazy and willing to fish as I am. Not many people are down to fish 24 hours solid or work so hard for the fish.  There's so many times we should have been dead. Catching gators, spearfishing with sharks, spearfishing in the shipping channels in tampa bay, taking my little jonboat up to ponce inlet...sure gonna miss all that! Hope they have a great trip-it's hard taking people fishing, make sure you thank Orrin cause it's a big job! And yes haha please buy the guns, I'll use them here and in Utah too. Or leave them for the boys. 

Tell Kevin hi! I miss the bushes. 

That's great about Devin, temple marriage? Is he all up and active now? That's great. And no, havent heard from G and G, going to write them if I have time. 

And thanksgiving in AZ will be really cool. She'll be able to find a ride I'm sure. There's so many kids that go down to the valley. Perfect time of year to be in AZ. 

 And kate...haha your pictures always make me laugh. Classic kate. I'm sure it went up on instagram. 

And curtis, glad to hear scout camp went so well. Get along pretty good with Josh? Have bryson take yall to the weight room. 

But yeah, all my friends in the mission are gonna end up somewhere in Northern Utah afterwards so it'll be one big party. But no, Measles is my ZL and Hodson is in another district. I'm the only gringo in Morazan. 

And the nauvoo trip, that's funny. Now I'd like to go to Nauvoo but still...before the mission, no way. I'm really hoping it'll be a good experience too. But yeah, go now while I'm not with you all, so I don't have to go later! The rest of the vacation sounds like a blast though, I'm sure they can hack nauvoo for a couple days. 

Hope you get your date with dad! I expect a picture. Are things slowing down for the summer yet? Everyone staying busy for the summer? Well, obviously sarah is, but everybody else? Tell the boys to put those kayaks to use and drop em off for the day at julies. 

Tell everybody at the shop hi for me, especially Jason. 

I love you all and miss you all! I don't think I could be doing what I'm doing without your support, love, and example. Can't wait to hear from ya'll next week!
 
Love, your missionary son who will be coming home in less than 14 months

No comments:

Post a Comment