Wednesday, July 29, 2015


 
 
Here is a FB post that Scott's mission presidents wife posted.  We learned before we heard from Scott that his area became a branch.  Here description was beautiful...
 “Experienced one of those precious and significant moments of life today, sitting on my metal folding chair in the dirt, in the small mountainous town of Morazon, Honduras, in the shade of the mango and avocado trees and a small corrugated tin roof, surrounded by bugs, butterflies, momma hens with their "pollitos " . . . We
Experienced the great blessing of being present when a group of humble Latter-day Saints became their very own branch of the Church, after more than 10 years... of waiting, praying, seeking, teaching, bringing, sharing and serving. . .
I hope I don't ever take for granted the many blessings of the Church I encountered so easily in my life. I hope I don't ever forget the grateful and humble hearts I witnessed today as their hopes, and faith and endurance finally came to fruition.
So happy for the saints of the Rama Morazon.”
Look close and you can see Scott up at the from - tallest one
 
July 13, 2015
 
That's my big news for this week. After so much hard work, so much effort...we became a branch yesterday. We are now an official branch of zion. Stake Presidency came, president klein came...and we had 90 people in attendance. Huge day, historic day here. I really can't remember anything else to tell you all (other than that I saw a dead guy in the street the other day, Javier Ramos' cousin killed him in the street, supposedly) but yeah. I'm so proud and tired at the same time. After all our work here. Yudi brought two friends to church. Luis is gonna baptize his mom in august. Our 10 or so converts here are all active and bringing more people into the church. 

 Comp and I are getting along great, we have a lot of fun. He's still got some weird south americanisms but it's all good. The good thing about him is he doesn't make the same mistake twice. He's a quick learner. And he works. 

Also getting really tired of hondurans sometimes. Lack of ambition and committment. Everyone says they'll go to church and then we get to their house and they're sleeping, don't have clean clothes, have to run an errand...I'm so sick and tired of the excuses. One family in particular, part member family that we're activating. We get along great, all fun and games, eat with them, and then when its time to go to church every single one of them finds an excuse and it drives me up the wall. I'm sick of people that don't do what they say they're going to do. 

How's Nauvoo and all that though? Give me stories! Pictures look like fun but I need some stories! What have you done, who have you talked to, ate, seen, tell me everything!

 pics-here's a family we're working with, the little guy is a member and we're reactivating him. The adult one is named Tito and he likes to criticize my english. 

 

 The old lady is named Blanca and she has a pet dove. It follows her around like a puppy dog and she laughs and calls it the holy spirit "like the one that came down at the baptism of jesus" 
 
 


Here's some scenery. Pico Pijol in the background there. 

 

The old guy is our neighbor. He reads the bible just about every morning, outloud, as loud as could be, in his little rocking chair. I was listening to him the other day and I thought...freak, this sounds familiar...and I kept listening and sure enough, he's reading the first lesson pamphlet, who knows where he got it. We got a good laugh out of that one. Maybe his family will listen. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment