Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Monday, December 22, 2014



I sent pillow cases but Scott said he doesn't have a pillow so he laid them out as placemats.  I was so happy he received his packages in time for Christmas!!



I got the music to work, thank you so much!
 
A cat? what? Isn't everybody allergic? Is it leaving hair all over the place? Glad sterling likes it though. Poor skip, he needs to rest in peace in his old age.

and Skype, lets say 12 my time, sounds good? no idea what I'll do with the Skype account but I'll have my email open too so we'll figure it out.  I'm gonna start to figure it out now.

this week was pretty hard actually. Comp problems and we've run out of new people to teach. I know everyone in our part of the island. So we're just gonna keep working with who we have and then start in on the former investigators. Having a hard time leaving the nets behind so to speak. I don't know why but I have the hardest time not thinking about the future-and about the dumbest stuff. I mean, its important and all, but not now-I honestly get anxious about where I'm gonna live and what I'm gonna do and what the family is gonna do-It's really a problem and I don't know how to fix it. When I'm working its fine, but when I'm in the house or getting ready for the day or waiting around for my comp I just get swamped with anxiety, and it doesn't help that I'm already super stressed with my companion. It's the dumbest thing but its a struggle.

But, still, all is well, I'm still pressing forward.

I am going to ceiba today actually, on the 2 oclock boat. Calm seas right now so keep your fingers crossed! Always exciting to take the boat. But yeah, we'll never take an airplane unless there is an abnormal amount of civil unrest and they need to jet us off the island.

And thank you so much for all the Christmas stuff! I got a kick out of all that. Especially the scent package. That was the best part of the whole thing. And yes haha I know those are pillowcases but...I don't have a pillow, so they were placemats for the picture. And yes, I got all the packages. much appreciated.

We've had lots of Christmas stuff going on, definitely different. Everybody eats tamales for Christmas and elders in the mainland are swamped with people giving them tamales and we have had one. Funny story, the other day a sister invited us over for tamales, so we cancelled our dinner appointment and went over to her house. After crossing the island and climbing a couple hills, we get to her house and realize that I had misunderstood her, and that we were there to make tamales, not to eat them, so we got stuck with hauling tubs of meat and corn meal and banana leaves and didn't have dinner. Oh well. Also we've been asked to sing like 5 times, and nobody can sing here. Not like I can sing, but Elder Cluff and I sound like angels compared to the latinos. The musical numbers here make me cringe and when the missionaries sing together its still horrible. So hopefully they won't ask us to sing for a while. We've had a missionary Christmas activity, the branch Christmas dinner, and the primary program on Saturday, which was especially interesting because the power went out so they opened all the doors to the chapel and we could see the ocean down below us through the palm trees while we were watching the program. Super Roatan.

Also, sidenote, from grammie's letter sounds like belle is kinda having a hard time and doesn't fit in with the family and all so you may want to reach out to her or something.

I'll tell you about some of the people in the branch right now, just to fill you in a little bit. One of my favorite people here is Hermana angelica. And she will go straight to the celestial kingdom when she dies. She is old, probably 80 plus, and still works as a seamstress. Has very little money but she still feeds us every Tuesday. She knows everybody and pretty much everyone in her neighborhood is a descendant of her. She gives us lots of references. And she cares for her special needs sister and daughter, and they are adorable. One of them looks totally normal but is just not there and she doesn't respond to anything, but the other can speak and has emotions and all and she's my favorite. She was afraid of me at first cause I'm huge compared to her but now we're buddies. She's probably under 5 feet, and she's got big ears that stick out of her hair and a big smile. She's always so happy to see us and she just looks like pure happiness swinging on her little swing outside of their house.

And I'm running out of time so that's all you're gonna hear about for now. I'll try and get pictures of people next week.

I loved hearing about your week! I;m glad it went so well with the canals, and all that Christmas and birthday stuff sounds like a blast. but yeah, I'm gonna talk to you all in a couple days so since time is short i'll save everything for then.

And, as always thanks for the pictures!

love you all and can't wait to talk to ya, merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment